AMERICAN BBQ: smokey brisket, sticky ribs & pulled pork
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Neutral Bay, NSW
- Product code: AMBBQ
Elevate your BBQ skills and feast on delicious, smokey Texas Style Beef Brisket, meaty pork ribs and saucey pulled pork BBQ sandwiches.
The Sydney food scene has definitely fallen in love with American Food! And there is nothing more gastronomically iconic than the American barbecue! Using low and slow style of cooking meat, the American BBQ uses techniques such as smoking, gourmet rubs and homemade marinades to truly accentuate your meat, producing unique flavours.
Drawing influences from across the USA: Texan style brisket, Kansas City sticky pork ribs and North Carolina wood-smoked pork shoulder with a dash of vinegar, we’re showcasing the All Stars of the All American BBQ!
Now here is your chance to learn to create these All Star dishes at home. Enjoy a beer while you learn the methods, tips and techniques of the authentic Southern style smokey barbecue and make your own spiced rubs and marinades (which you also get to take home!) to recreate your own American BBQ feast at home on your own home BBQ.
Learn how to achieve your smokey flavour on a budget without investing on an expensive smoker.
The All American BBQ feastDuring this class learn to prepare:
Texas Style Angus Beef Brisket, dry rubbed and smoked for 12 hours.
Meaty Kansas-style ‘American’ pork ribs, basted with your own home made sticky BBQ sauce and slowly smoked to perfection.
The iconic and quintessential Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich with slaw – tender pork shoulder which has been smoked for 12 hours, served on a brioche bun with American style apple & cabbage slaw.
Smokey Cedar Plank Atlantic Salmon fillets.
Make your own spiced rubs and marinades.
What to expect
- Learn from Chef Paul, our resident BBQ expert with a wealth of knowledge of barbecuing techniques, tips and tricks. Feel free and welcome to ask any questions you may have!
- Enjoy the small group size, friendly and relaxed environment and being up close and involved in all the action.
- This class is conducted in our fresh and airy, upstairs, semi-alfresco BBQ areas using state of the art appliances and equipment.
- We provide aprons for use while you are cooking, amazing food to feast on, drinking water and American beer during each session.
- A fun, relaxed and professionally delivered learning environment. Our chef is passionate about sharing his enormous wealth of information to inspire you to prepare these dishes at home.
- Use of fresh, top quality, especially sourced ingredients. We can cater for common dietary requirements when advised in advance.
- Recipes of these incredible dishes provided to take home.
- Suitable for BBQ enthusiasts, couples, mates and individuals who are interested in learning new techniques and enjoy a delicious spread of smokey, saucey, American inspired BBQ dishes.
- This course is typically held Thursday or Friday evenings from 6:30pm and Saturday mornings at 10:30am.
- Book this as a private class for 10-12 friends, anytime.