Eclairs, Profiteroles & Choux Pastry ~ with Pastry Chef Mayumi
- Duration: 180 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Neutral Bay, NSW
- Product code: ECLAIRS
During this class you will learn the delicate art of making your own choux pasty and fillings to create four different éclairs & profiteroles.
Join experienced Pastry Chef Mayumi from Mimi's Pastry as she shares with you her passion for pastries as she shares with you the fine art of making choux pastry for éclairs and profiteroles, filled with delicate pastry cream and topped with icing.
Did you know that éclair is the French word for lightning? It is believed that the pastry received its name because it glistens when coated with icing.
The most popular éclair is probably the chocolate éclair, which is topped with chocolate fondant and filled with chocolate pastry cream. Learn this and three more decadent varieties.
Learn the delicate art of making your own choux pasty, pastry cream and fondant.
This class is suitable for beginners to intermediate home bakers, couples, friends and individuals or those that simply wish to enjoy a unique experience with a difference. Enjoy Mayumi's friendly and experienced teaching style as she shares with you her wealth of experience and handy tips.
Make your own eclairs in four exquisite flavours
Vanilla pastry cream decorate with vanilla fondant
Raspberry cream decorated with raspberry fondant with freeze dried raspberry & white chocolate
Paris Brest (Praline mousse creme)
Home made almond pastry cream with feuilletine with chocolate.
Chocolate pastry cream decorate with chocolate fondant with cacao nib
About this class
- Learn the delicate art of making your own choux pasty, eclairs with four different fillings and take home a box of your beautiful creations.
- This is a hands on and informative class where you will actively prepare the above items.
- This is a 3 hour class depending on the size of the class.
- Benefit from our small group sizes, friendly & experienced chefs and a fun & fresh learning environment!
- Feel free and welcome to ask our personable and approachable chefs any questions you may have!
- Enjoy our brightly painted kitchens with state of the art appliances and equipment.
- We provide aprons for use while you are cooking and drinking water throughout out the session and recipes to take home.
- This experience is typically held various weekends 10:30am or 3:00pm throughout the year for up to 10 guests. Or enquire on our Contact Us page to book this as a private event for your friends and family.
- Children between the ages of 10 -17 are eligible to attend provided they are booked in together with a participating Parent/Guardian over the age of 18 at a ratio of 1:1.
About Chef Mayumi
Specialising in French pastry with an essence of her Japanese origin, Pastry Chef Mayumi create pastries and desserts with love and truly enjoys sharing her passion with people. Mayumi is well travelled and has lived in several countries to train her palate and skills, working in Japan, France and Singapore with many passionate chefs. She was inspired by “Olivier Bajard”, a world pastry champion in France and worked with Oliver at his pastry school “Ecole International de patisserie Olivier Bajard. In Australia, Mayumi has worked at “Lake House”(2 hats restaurant) in Victoria, “Kazuki’s”(1 hat restaurant) in Melbourne, “The Bather’s Pavilion”(1 hat restaurant) and currently teaches Pastry at “Le Cordon Bleu” .
We are delighted for her to join us at Sydney Cooking School to share her love and enjoyment of making these beautiful pastries with you.