Healthy & Delicious, Easy Weeknight Meals
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Neutral Bay, NSW
- Product code: HEALTHY EASY MEALS
Do you struggle to cook healthy weeknight dinners that are quick and easy to prepare and taste delicious?
Learn a range of tasty, wholesome meals that take less than 30 minutes. Great for busy families, couples, individuals and beginners and intermediate cooks alike!
No knowledge is required for this class! You’ll learn how to prepare easy weeknight meals alongside a qualified chef who’ll masterfully guide you through this fun and casual course. This class is half demo and half practical where we will teach you how to work with a selection of proteins and vegetables whilst minimising food preparation time to ensure you still get a delicious meal, deliciously fast.
Expand your go-to weekly dinner ideas to get your through your busy week. Not only will this class provide you with brand new ideas to spice up your cooking creations at dinnertime and refresh your meal plan, you will also learn top tips and tricks from our expert chefs for faster cooking as well as how to choose and cook with fresh, local produce.
Enjoy tasters from all of the dishes and leave the class with all of the easy and delicious recipes that will save you time during the week’s hustle and bustle.
The cooking class typically covers four to five meals, depending on preparation time, using a selection of different proteins and vegetables. The types of dishes you will be cooking all depend on what ingredients are in season, ensuring you can come back throughout the year to try new dishes.
Sample dishes include:
- South Indian Red Lentil Dhal ~ heartwarming comfort food for the chilly winter evenings.
- Rolled Chicken Breast filled with your choice of herbs and grilled vegetables ~ an easy weeknight dinner or an impressive dinner party dish!
- Foolproof Salmon ~ moist, perfect cooked salmon every time, great as a main course or to flake over salads for lunch or summer meal.
- Green Fritters ~ broccoli, pea & mint and ideal for breakfast, lunch, snacks & dinner too!
- Grilled Eggplant, garbanzo beans and chorizo
- Lentil patties with roasted beetroot and bocconcini
- Baked Spinach & Ricotta Gnocchi with capsicum, capers, fresh basil & parmesan
- Spanish Potato & Roast Vegetable Tortilla
- Perfectly flaky, juicy Salmon with vegetable cous cous and mint yoghurtRoast pumpkin & Coriander Soup
Enjoy the hands-on Sydney Cooking School experience
We specialise in hands-on, informative and interactive cooking classes. Enjoy learning in our start of the art, comfortable and fully equipped kitchen. Our small group sizes ensure everyone is involved in the action and welcome to ask the chef any questions through out the class. Our engaging and professional chefs enjoy inspiring you to feel confident and more creative in the kitchen. Using only the freshest of ingredients, some dishes will be demonstrated by the chef and others will be hands-on for you to cook at your own cooking stations working in pairs. You’ll have the opportunity to enjoy all the dishes prepared and welcome to take any leftovers home (containers provided). Recipes of all the dishes will be provided at the end of the class.
What to bring?
You do not need to bring anything along as we provide aprons for use, drinking water and a glass of wine to enjoy with your meal.
Classes are run frequently and the menu will change seasonally so that you can keep coming back to learn more and more dishes to impress! (If you have attended a class previously, please let us know which menu you enjoyed to avoid doubling up on recipes).
An overview of the class
- Arrive at the Sydney Cooking School approximately 10 minutes before your session. Hang up your bags or coats on the coat hooks, wash your hands and don on your apron before getting settled on the comfy stools.
- Say hello to your fellow class mates. Once everyone has arrived, your chef will introduce themselves to you and give you an overview of the class.
- It’s time to cook. Watch your chef prepare some dishes, with plenty of opportunities to take part and assist as well as ask all of your burning questions. You also have the chance to cook at your own cooking station, slice and prepare ingredients and get creative.
- It’s time to eat. Once all dishes have been prepared, you can simply sit back, enjoy a drink and help yourselves to all of the dishes you helped cook, with the chance to talk to your class mates and ask any more questions you might have.
- Your chef will pass you your weeknight dinner recipe sheets and provide you with containers if you’d like to take any leftover food home.
- Before you leave, take a look at our other available cooking classes . You can also purchase any spices, oils, pots or pans.